... High Wind Warning remains in effect until noon EDT Thursday...
* locations... the mountains and foothills of southwest
Virginia... southeast West Virginia and northwest North
* Hazards... strong gusty... potentially damaging winds.
* Winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 65 mph.
* Timing... from late this afternoon into Thursday morning.
* Impacts... downed trees and power lines. High profile vehicles
will be susceptible to the stronger wind gusts.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph are likely to cause sporadic power outages... fallen
trees... minor property damage... and dangerous driving conditions
for high profile vehicles. Residents should move unfastened
items... such as garbage cans and deck furniture... indoors.
... NOAA Weather Radio test postponed until Friday...
Due to active weather moving into the area the NOAA Weather Radio
test has been push back to Friday. It will be conducted at noon
and will revert back to its normal date and time next week.