... Wind Advisory remains in effect until midnight EST tonight...
* locations... northern North Carolina mountains.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... gusty northwest winds will gradually weaken through
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Impacts... the very windy conditions will make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles and in
mountain passes. A few trees or limbs could be downed by the
winds... causing isolated power outages.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
01/30/2015 0525 am
Newland, Avery County.
Snow e0.0 inch, reported by 911 call center.
Light snow starting to stick in places. No travel
issues reported yet.